Jon*Hollie*Attika*Gage*Tula

Monday, January 17, 2011

Better late than never

This post is about three weeks too late, but at least I'm getting to it, right?

I hope everyone enjoyed their holiday season and that 2010 ended with a bang. Jon and I certainly had an interesting year and I can't tell you how excited I am for a brand new one. I hope that this year makes our dreams and wishes come true. I am working on looking at life openly, taking it for what it is. I want to practice positive thinking and letting go of things I can't control.

I can't put into words how grateful I am for my family, I would be nowhere without them. A special thank you to my sweet family and especially to my wonderful husband.

Anyway-just small notes on Christmas. It was different not having snow this year, it was really warm on Christmas day. It's been such a cold cold winter and I'm just ready for summer, bring it on. We went to the usual family gatherings and had wonderful times at each of them. Jon's birthday came and went quickly and now he's used to the idea that he's on the downside to thirty. It was nice having some time off work, we got a lot of relaxing in.

New Year's Eve was spent at my brother Nate's house-it's a tradition we have. Normally we make a steak and shrimp dinner, snack on finger foods and play games while we wait for the new year. This year we decided to make sweet pork burritoes; so we ate and played games. Surprisingly all the kids stayed awake this year! We like to take an annual "first picture of the year" snapshot...it's silly but here it is.


Happy 2011. It's going to be a great year.

Love always,
Jon and Hollie 

No comments:

Post a Comment