Jon*Hollie*Attika*Gage*Tula

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Experiencing Magic Together

I always feel like we have to have something huge to report each time I make a post, but I decided that I needed to update anyway. When I try and pinpoint something specific that has happened in the past month all that finds me is happiness. Shouldn't that be enough? Well, it is definitely something to write about. Jon and I have had a wonderful year and with it coming to a close I can't help but focus on how lucky we are to be together. 2011 will put us at eight years together, my lucky number. :) Not all eight have been easy, but what love is meaningful when it comes effortlessly? Jon is my rock, he's my number one, and as we put it daily to one another "my favorite". We have been very blessed to find eachother and to have such wonderful families behind us in each step we take.
We both want a child and while trying the past six months has posed some difficulty along with anxiety and fear we are doing our very best to stay positive and I really can't imagine going through this with anyone else but Jon. I feel for him having to deal with my constant stress and while I try to keep most of it inside when I just can't hold it in anymore he's always right there for me. If we never were to succeed I'd be content with having only him by my side for the rest of our lives. Nobody is perfect, but he's all the man I need. (Thank you for everything baby.)
The holidays are just around the corner and I couldn't be more thrilled. At the end of the month Jon will be turning 26 and I can't wait to tease him for being on the "downside to thirty". ;) I can't believe how fast the both of us are growing up and how responsiblities have presented themselves and we have conquered them without worry together. I don't think anybody ever feels like they're all old and grown up, one day you just realize it. I know J and I still have room to grow and things to learn but I do feel like we've matured in the best way that we know how; I have learned so much from him and our marriage.
I recently came across this message from my most favorite childhood author Roald Dahl (for the 'BFG' & 'The Twits') that I thought applied to this post, please enjoy:
-And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.-
More than eight years ago when I sat across from my very good friend, Jon Bingham, I was blind to the magic that I have found in him today. Everyday I pray for our miracle but never do I ever forget the magic I already have right in front of me.




Happy Holidays!
With love,


Jon & Hollie

2 comments:

  1. Love love love love love love love

    You really are such a great writer.
    So happy you are my sis
    You make Jonny boy so happy
    He is so lucky to have you
    And so am I

    Love you holls deez on the sleez beez

    ReplyDelete